Something i tried last night for the Prince who didnt felt he should feed himself
This recipe is from Jane Brodys Good Food Book. It is delicious and not hard to make and is low fat. I have no way of calculating the fat so….lol
try it it’s quite tasty
Servings: 1 Servings
- 12 oz Soba-Japenese buckwheat
- 2 tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tb Soy sauce -low salt type
- 1 tb Sherry
- 2 tb Vegetable oil, divided
- 3 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced, 1 Tb
- 1 Red sweet pepper, cut in
- 5 c Shredded cabbage
- 1 c Cooked chicken, beef, or
- 1/2 c Broth (any type)
- 1 ts Hot pepper oil, or to taste
Serves 4-this recipe also can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled with excellent results if you have having company. I multiply everything by 4 with good luck.
Buckwheat noodles have a wonderful flavor and texture, quite a different pasta experience. They are about $2 for a 12 oz package but worth the higher cost in terms of taste and nutrients. Find at Oriental Matkerts or natural food stores.
You can make your own hot pepper oil by slowly cooking several dried chili peppers in sesame oil, when they blacken, remove and discard them.
1. In a large kettle of boiling water, add salt if desired, cook noodles for 3 minutes or until al dente, and drain.
2. In small bowl, combine Worc., soy and sherry and set mixture aside.
3. In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 Tb of the oil and stir-fry the scallions, garlic, and red pepper for 1 minute. Add cabbage, and stir fry for another minute. Add chicken or meat and stir fry the vegatbles a minute longer. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in wok or skillet over high heat, and add the noodles, let them brown for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat and add the broth, stir to combine well.
5. Add veggies and Worc, soy sauce mixture to the noodles and toss the ingredients well. Heat the stir-fry for about 1 minute, sprinkling with hot pepper oil just before serving.
Note***I substitute 1 cup of broccoli and zuchinni for the chicken and meat
Mes Idées pour le souper Make sure to add some thank you comments too^_^